Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2021

My House of Bricks Reflection

 Bonjouir welcome to my blog. Last week on Friday we got this awseome experience with the house of bricks. The house of bricks came to our school so in a fun way to show us perserverence and determernation. We did 3 rotaions throughout the day. The first rotation we had to build a car and after that we had to build a tower.

My favourite Lego activity was building the racing car because

I thought that it was really cool to be able to go and test it then

see what you needed to add, see what you needed to get rid of. I

thought Ava, my buddy, and I did as best as we could have (even though our car only went 35 cm.)


My least favourite Lego activity was doing the mosaic because

it was a bit challenging making it look nice. I was at a table with red,

black and white lego studs. I found it quite hard making the curve pattern

to make it look like a Māori pattern.


The activity that tested my perseverance the most was pass the bricks because

we were not supposed to break what somebody had already done, but the year 7 and 8s

kept breaking what everyone had already done. In the end the year 7 and 8s just left.


The most challenging activity was building the tower because 10 people were all crowded

around some Lego and everyone was shouting. Not everyone could reach into the building.


I did not enjoy working collaboratively with others because I think it would have been

easier doing it by myself or as a pair. I didn't really enjoy all crowding around a small Lego

tower and especially when everyone was screaming.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Lucy!
    I love your house of brick reflection. I like how you used some interesting words. I remember when I did t with you it was a blast. Maybe next time you could add a little bit more on the second to last paragraphs. overall I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy, I was a little jealous when you told me that you got to play with Lego for the whole day - it sounded like so much fun! However, I do agree that working in a big group to build the tower must have been quite a challenge. It is hard when you have that many people working on one thing.
    Maybe you can try and build the car again and see if it can go further than 35cm!

    ReplyDelete


To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post